Six new members to the CAA Board of Trustees were approved by the CAA membership tonight at our annual membership meeting at Gordon J. Lau Elementary School in Chinatown:
– Jeff Chang, Author and Journalist
– Celia Lee, Deputy City Attorney, Office of the City Attorney
– Omar Mencin, Managing Director, US Market Access Center
– Anne Tang, Internist, Kaiser Permanente
– Cecillia Wang, Immigrant Rights Project Staff Attorney, ACLU of Northern California
– Bill Wong, Principal, Bill Wong LLC
The membership also approved six current members for new three-year terms on the board:
– Bernadette Chi, Consultant
– Frances Lee, Retired
– Kent Lim, President, Kent M. Lim & Company
– Ray Sheen, Partner, Jones Day
– Stephanie Ong Stillman, Co-Founder & Principal, Hope Road Consulting LLC
– Victoria Wong, Deputy City Attorney, Office of the City Attorney
Our other board members include Germaine Q Wong, Lester Olmstead-Rose, Robert Chen, Jackson Chin, Leon Chow, Philip Hwang, Bill Jeong, Keith Kamisugi, Deborah Lao, Dexter Ligot-Gordon, Kent M. Lim, Rolland C. Lowe, Raymond Sheen and Kathy Owyang Turner.
The meeting featured a 75-minute community discussion moderated by CAA executive director Vincent Pan with newly-elected San Francisco Board of Supervisors President David Chiu, Supervisor Carmen Chu, and Supervisor Eric Mar.
CAA (http://www.caasf.org), celebrating its 40th anniversary this year, was founded to protect the civil and political rights of Chinese Americans and to advance multiracial democracy in the United States. Today, CAA is a progressive voice in and on behalf of the broader Asian and Pacific American community. We advocate for systemic change that protects immigrant rights, promotes language diversity, and remedies racial injustice.