Six new members to the CAA Board of Trustees were approved by the CAA membership tonight at our annual membership meeting at Gordon J. Lau Elementary School in Chinatown:
– Jeff Chang, Author and Journalist
– Celia Lee, Deputy City Attorney, Office of the City Attorney
– Omar Mencin, Managing Director, US Market Access Center
– Anne Tang, Internist, Kaiser Permanente
– Cecillia Wang, Immigrant Rights Project Staff Attorney, ACLU of Northern California
– Bill Wong, Principal, Bill Wong LLC
The membership also approved six current members for new three-year terms on the board:
– Bernadette Chi, Consultant
– Frances Lee, Retired
– Kent Lim, President, Kent M. Lim & Company
– Ray Sheen, Partner, Jones Day
– Stephanie Ong Stillman, Co-Founder & Principal, Hope Road Consulting LLC
– Victoria Wong, Deputy City Attorney, Office of the City Attorney
Our other board members include Germaine Q Wong, Lester Olmstead-Rose, Robert Chen, Jackson Chin, Leon Chow, Philip Hwang, Bill Jeong, Keith Kamisugi, Deborah Lao, Dexter Ligot-Gordon, Kent M. Lim, Rolland C. Lowe, Raymond Sheen and Kathy Owyang Turner.
The meeting featured a 75-minute community discussion moderated by CAA executive director Vincent Pan with newly-elected San Francisco Board of Supervisors President David Chiu, Supervisor Carmen Chu, and Supervisor Eric Mar.
CAA (http://www.caasf.org), celebrating its 40th anniversary this year, was founded to protect the civil and political rights of Chinese Americans and to advance multiracial democracy in the United States. Today, CAA is a progressive voice in and on behalf of the broader Asian and Pacific American community. We advocate for systemic change that protects immigrant rights, promotes language diversity, and remedies racial injustice.
Leave a Reply